News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

All: I don't know anything about WW1 Imperial German, but I just got this dogtag in a group of items from a two-war WW1/WW2 US Army veteran. I ASSUME it's from WW1, as it's much heavier than a WW2 one, and he never served overseas in WW2. Is it a WW1 German dogtag? If so, any idea of who or what the person who wore it was? Thanks!

Dave

Yes, this is a WWI era Erkennungsmarke. All I can make out is, Emil Appel - Hagen I.W. (im Westfalen)- born 28.2.93 - LDW.FUSS.ARTL.BATL.63. That's "Landwehr Fußartillerie Bataillon Nr.63." Heavy artillery.

Chip

Chip: Thanks for the reply!

Anyone have any idea of what this might be worth? It's with a large US Army group that I'll be selling here in the near term and it would be good to get a ballpark value of what it's worth...$10 or $1000?

Thanks!

Dave