News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jubiläumskreuz für Offiziere und Unteroffiziere des K. und K. Infanterie-Regiments Nr. 62 Ludwig III. König von Bayern

Does any of you guys have one? This is what I received today and as already highlighted couple of days ago in other topic there are some concerns I have about it.

First of all, there's not much info out there. Actually the only source I have is German Wikipedia which briefly says that there were 350 pieces awarded in 'Eisen' which I believe was the material used for these crosses. Iron means magnetic what my cross isn't. Secondly there are some flaws on the obverse and avers which are covered with paint.

That makes me believe that my piece is a not very successful cast & painted black copy from recent years.

Obverse:

Hello Avadski:

In my opinion, you have already identified the problem with this piece. It is non-ferrous/non-magnetic and thus not made of iron. It is therefore not original and "as-awarded".

I believe that per your previous posting regarding this item (if I recall correctly), you may have obtained this from a seller on Ebay who is known to sell many forgeries (but once in awhile a genuine piece also). If this piece was from any other source, I would take a second look at it, but considering the source, I could only conclude that the piece is unfortunately probably a forgery.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Meister,

thanks for your reply. Regarding the dealer it's vice versa - he sells good items but sometimes a bad one. I got it from Michel Juergen (michelju on eBay). :ninja:

I heard a lot of good and few bad about him, unfortunately it seems that I will be in the group which says the bad :(

BTW didn't you find my comparison with the WikiPedia cross interesting? Strange that both crosses have same flaws.

...one more thing..my cross appears to be a zinker, definitely not bronze or iron. But as I mentioned already, only source of info that I have is Wikipedia and the data in there does not necessarily be 100% true.

Edited by avadski

I have had a handfull originals over the years, yours is a fake, sorry. All awarded items have a much better quality plus they are made of pickled iron, no exception.

Perfect, thank you very much. So the cross goes back to the dealer. My concerns about michelju's decreasing reputation are then confirmed. I have to repeat myself saying that it's a pity to see good sellers turning into 'sammlerclubs'.

Edited by avadski