News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I have an opportunity to buy this cross. Body itself along with medallion looks good, only concern that I have is the upper part where the swords once used to be (I believe). Another bad spot is where the ring is attached to the body which is obviously a repair. My intention is to go to jeweler with swords made by Leser and ask him to gilt them. Then I would attach them to the body using the original device. Whole process (along with the cross as shown below) would cost not more than 250 EUR. If you were me would you do that? I think it's worth...

Thanks for your opinions.

3)

Hello Avadski:

Thank you for sharing this item with us. This piece does not appeal to me at all for the following reasons:

1) The center elements appear to be silver in color (perhaps I am missing a gilt wash on the photo/scan however).

2) The center enamel appears to be of poor quality.

3) The area where the swords used to be was modified to remove the mounting hole where the swords were attached.

4) The suspension loop is a replacement/repair as you already noted.

In summary, if you re-added swords to this item, you would still have a difficult time convincing anyone that it is an original item with swords re-added. My suggestion would be to wait for an original example in perfect condition. As you know, original pieces are difficult to find and very expensive, but with patience, one will be undoubtely appear on the market in the future.

This of course is only my opinion. It is your money of course to spend as you see fit.

Good luck regarding this piece.

Best regards,

"SPM"