News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Non-Commissioned officers' Service Cross for 12 years with engraved inscription

bovec1313

I've come across many Officers' Service Crosses with an engraved inscription, but for the first time I've found a Non-commissioned Service Cross with an engraved inscription.

It's a cross for 12 years of service. Reverse bears an inscription (translated) ''17.8. / From Officers Corps of Infantry Regiment No. 6 / 1907''.

Cross is made from silver (!!) and it's hallmarked on the edge of central medallion with silver hallmark for silver 900/1000 and producer's hallmark ''VM'' for Vincent Mayer's Sohne, prestigious Viennese producer.

This decoration was accompanied with Silver Cross for Merits with Crown, again with engraved inscription, similar to previous one, only the date is different, namely 12.VIII.1913.

Obviously, these two decorations had belonged to an non-commissioned officer, which was highly praised from officers of the 6th Infantry Regiment, which was not the common case in KuK Armee, where officers ''lived'' in a different world in comparison to Non-commissioned officers and enlisted men.