News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czechoslovakian buckles

Gentlemen, I have three Czech buckles and I would like to know during which years they were worn. The black one with the state crest appears to be pre WWII. However, I have been told that this type of badge was worn during the early years of the CSSR. Is this a pre WWII buckle and did these continue in wear into the early years of the CSSR or was a similar but different badge worn during that time? I have also been told that a gold coloured badge similar to the state crest badge was worn in the CSSR. I have pictures to support this but not a good picture of the buckle. Does ny one a picture of the gold buckle that they could post? I have another bucle that appears to be virtually the same as the black state crest buckle but it was been painted over with heavy dark green paint. Was this worn in the CSSR and if so when? The third buckle is the common CSR type. The paint is still there on the back but all gone from the front probably due to wear. When did this buckle first come into use?

Regards,

Gordon

Buckle #1

Hi, first buckle is from army parade uniform and was made before WWII. Black painting isn´t original. original surface of these buckles looks like polished brass. Buckles for field uniform were made from one piece of brass and black finished.

Similar buckles were also used in the years 1945-1962, when were introduced buckles with star (#3). The lion on post war buckles have different tails - ends of tails on pre-war buckles are oriented upward, ends on post war buckles are little bigger and oriented forwards.

Edited by Ladis