News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Air Force Cross recipients

Ingo

Yes however I have very little information to share - just basic foundation stuff.

If you are offering to post beyond that rest assured that I will be reading.

Hello to all,

is there anybody who is interested in the history of the Air Force Cross and his recipients ?

Sorry for my only few words at the beginning of this topic.

I´m very interested in the Air Force Cross and his recipients. I collect all dates which I can find. A lot of dates are missing. And perhaps another one can help me.

For exemplare I´m on the search for some dates of birth:

Charles L. Brown, all I know is the year 1922

Russell M. Hunt, all I know is the year 1946

William C. Norris, all I know is the year 1926

Thomas Henry Kirk Jr., all I know is the year 1928

Dennis M. Richardson

Rowland W. Purser

Jon D. Harston, July 1948

I think the Air Force Cross was awarded to him last year. So now there are three recipients for action in World War 2.

Have a look at here:

http://militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=3616

• 1 year later...

Older thread but thought I would add an update in case Ingo was still looking. Plus, a shameless plug for Jeff here! :cheers:

The only comprehensive book on the recipients of the Air Force Cross. Covers all 188 recipients of this prestigious gallantry award. Never before published photographs of many recipients, appendices on origin and design of the decoration and statistics of awards. Foreword by Col. Conran, Air Force Cross recipient and National Adjutant of the Legion of Valor. 175 pages, softbound. By Frederic L. Borch & Jeffrey B. Floyd

Only $14.95; can't go wrong! :cheers:

Tim