News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown Romanian Medal

Hello Gentlemen

This is the first time I post in this section of the website, I collect Chinese and Japanese medals and have now knowledge about eastern European Medals. However I got this medal from an little antique shop in my hometown here in Switzerland. I can only tell by the case inscription that it is Romanian. Can someone tell me what this medal is and maybe date it?

best regards

a l e x

Order of the Star of Romania, commander, civil. The case bears the cypher of King Michael I, who held the throne July 1927-June 1930 (under a Regency, as Michael was born in 1921) and in his own right Sep 1940-Dec 1947. This piece probably dates from the latter period.

A Great Find!! :jumping:

Awarded in the time of peace as there are no swords incorporated in the design.

The firm of Joseph Resch & Fratii (Brothers)

were also the Royal Jewelers to the Romanian Royal Family.

The rest of the family :-

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2010/post-950-127238973881.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2010/post-950-127239009537.jpg

Located in the Romanian Military Museum in Bucharest.

Kevin in Deva.

Edited by Kev in Deva

Order of the Star of Romania, commander, civil. The case bears the cypher of King Michael I, who held the throne July 1927-June 1930 (under a Regency, as Michael was born in 1921) and in his own right Sep 1940-Dec 1947. This piece probably dates from the latter period.

The insignia being of type I, in use before 1932, I would say it is from the former period, 1927-1930.

Hello

I'm, as always, impressed how much good and quality help this forum brings! Interesting that the made this medal with crossed swords during war time!

So thank you very much for all your shared knowledge. there is one question left, is this a rear piece and how much is it probably worth, just to know if I made a good deal or not?

thank you and all the best

a l e x