News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Palace Pictures

bmsm

I was at an antique show this weekend and saw these pictures of what I believe are the Imperial Palace in Japan so I decided to post them and see what the members could tell me about them. The pictures have some kind of stamping on the reverse.

There is also a postcard that seems to be of a Military Academy or something similiar to it with writing on the reverse. Thank you for looking.

Bob

This picture is 6.25 in. long and 4.31 in. high. This picture has a motorcade, a building and a flag with the Japanese Imperial Crest on it. This also has stamping on the reverse.

Bob

This is a postcard 5.56 in. long and 3.56 in. wide of what appears to be a Military Academy. There is actual writing on the reverse and printing on the right side.

Bob

I was at an antique show this weekend and saw these pictures of what I believe are the Imperial Palace in Japan so I decided to post them and see what the members could tell me about them. The pictures have some kind of stamping on the reverse.

There is also a postcard that seems to be of a Military Academy or something similiar to it with writing on the reverse. Thank you for looking.

Bob

I think this first one is the Yasukuni Shrine. The second one looks like Imperial grounds.

pic 1: Imperial Army unit paying respect at the Yasukuni Shrine

pic 2: The Emperor (Imperial Family) in front of the Imperial Palace Bridge (二重橋)

pic 3: Chiba Imperial Army Tank Academy

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by RichC

I agree, Post #1 is almost certainly Yasukuni, perhaps on the day of the August celebration of the war dead.

Post #2 is reminiscent of the Imperial Palace, but I don't remember that much elevation. (Never been inside the grounds). However, there are certainly hills in Tokyo, including just across the moat at the Ministry buildings.

I agree, Post #1 is almost certainly Yasukuni, perhaps on the day of the August celebration of the war dead.

Post #2 is reminiscent of the Imperial Palace, but I don't remember that much elevation. (Never been inside the grounds). However, there are certainly hills in Tokyo, including just across the moat at the Ministry buildings.

Here is that same bridge and building from a different angle:

IMG_1036.jpg

Here is that same bridge and building from a different angle:

When was this photo taken? It looks like lights or something was added to the top of bridge support columns.

In post# 2, what kind of vehicle is the Guard in the lower right corner riding? It looks like it is controlled by using both hands on levers and it has four wheels. It makes me think of a zero turn radius lawn mower without the blade.

Bob

IMG_1036.jpg

This pic. was taken in 2007, but the lights are there on the posts in that black and white one - you can juuuuust make one out if you look hard enough and strain the eyeballs! :lol:

Edited by Dieter3