News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mobilization Cross 1913 with engraved names of officers

I have an interesting example of Mobilization Cross 1913, which has on reverse engraved name of three officers; namely

SCHULHOF HPTM. / GRUBER OBLT. / KUNIĆ LT.

On upper arm is engraved 9. KOMP

Obviously Cross was a gift from officers of the 9. Company of the 4th BH Regiment to theirs colleague officer.

Cross itself is not a special high quality example, which was usual made as a gift, but surprisingly a common issue.

I have an interesting example of Mobilization Cross 1913, which has on reverse engraved name of three officers; namely

SCHULHOF HPTM. / GRUBER OBLT. / KUNIĆ LT.

On upper arm is engraved 9. KOMP

Obviously Cross was a gift from officers of the 9. Company of the 4th BH Regiment to theirs colleague officer.

Cross itself is not a special high quality example, which was usual made as a gift, but surprisingly a common issue.

I checked my 1914 Schematismus.

There is NO Kunic, i read the inscription as KONÍC and the rangliste shows August Konic per 1. May 1913 as Lieutenant in the Bosnisch-hercegovinisches IR 4 but I din't found him directly on the BH 4 Pages in the Schematismus - maybe some kind of transit.

I did found Hauptmann Gotthard Schulhof (Signum Memoriae, 1908-Army-Cross, Molisierungskreuz) and Oberleutnant Richard Gruber (1908-Army-Cross, Molisierungskreuz) both belonged to the BH IR4

haynau

Edited by Josef Rietveld

Hello Josef;

same with me; I've found Gothard and Schulhof in BH4 and track them in my Schematismus back to 1908 (as well in BH4), but Kunic I haven't found on the list of BH4, (onlxy as you in ranglist)

Must have been assigned from somewhere else; or might be marked as ''uberkomplett'' and thus on on the regimental list