News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help Please

Wild Card

Gentlemen,

Pictured below is the great grandfather of a dear friend. Would it be possible to identify his awards?

I see a St. Vladmir Order, but am not sure of what class. 2nd perhaps?

There is also what appears to be an Alexander Nevsky Order?

Is there any way of identifying the small round medal and the medal/order ti the left of the St. Vladmir?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

The piece on the viewer's far left looks like the badge of the Russian Orthodox Society of Palestine, created 1882 (Andolenko and Werlich figure 914). The silver badge for active members was worm on a neck ribbon that was blue with red stripes at the edges.

The piece on the viewer's far left looks like the badge of the Russian Orthodox Society of Palestine, created 1882 (Andolenko and Werlich figure 914). The silver badge for active members was worm on a neck ribbon that was blue with red stripes at the edges.

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for the information. I don’t know if you could magnify the picture enough to see it or not,

but there is a narrow side stripe on the ribbon to this piece.

I do not have the Andolenko and Werlich book that you mention :blush: ; but is the insignia shown at...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Emblema_IPPO.jpg

...what it would look like?

Thank you again for your interest and help.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

on this photo we can see also St.Anna 2nd, St.Vladimir 3 rd (because 2nd must inclusive star) and medal of 25-year jubilee of church schools.

Hello tsarenko1975.

Thank you also for your information. If you don’t mind, I have a question though.

First, I think that the piece that you identify as a St. Anna 2nd class is the one that I took as an Alexander Nevsky.

Looking at it, at first I thought that it was a St. Stanislaus because there appears to be more gold (eagles?) between

the arms than I would expect with a St. Anna; but the ribbon is all wrong for that. Now, with regard to the ribbon,

I just cannot find any trace of the side stripe found on the St. Anna ribbon. It appears to me to be a solid color

ribbon, but what color? These old black and white photographs reverse and warp color shades so badly that

things are easily confused.

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Wild Card