News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Boer War Emergency Rations Tin

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.....

At the request of one of the members please find some photos of Boer War Emergency Ration Tins......

The one of the left is an original and unopened, the key is broken, how often has that happened and the one on the right is a reproduction made for reinactment groups.....

Mike

Mike,

I really like seeing this kind of thing, it's great.

What should be in the tin and did all tins have the same contents right through the ranks?

Tony

Hello Tony.....

Yes they were all identical...... Even today there is no difference in the ration packs......

Mike

Mike

Where did you get the repro and is it tin or some resin stuff?

Mike

Mike.....

I have had the repro for a number of years now and to be honest I cannot remember where I got it..... Many many years ago I was offered a full wooden case of 36 or 48 tins with the contents, company name and the date branded into the lid..... But I was a young father then and could not afford it..... Damn......

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.tommyspackfillers.com/showitem.asp?itemRef=CR009

Source for a replica

Mike.....

I have had the repro for a number of years now and to be honest I cannot remember where I got it..... Many many years ago I was offered a full wooden case of 36 or 48 tins with the contents, company name and the date branded into the lid..... But I was a young father then and could not afford it..... Damn......

Mike