News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brooched military medal!

picked this up on a another forum! the job on its been done very well and the brooch is pretty nice as well!sadly its been partially erased! the numbers i can make out is 29---9 (i think)then PTE then at the very end R what would the chances be of getting the serial number by adding in the various missing digits and taking it from there?i probably wont mess with it as well this looks like some-one was proud of this!!thanks for any help!! :beer:

Edited by paddywhack

I hate to say it but with so little to go off of it will be next to impossible. Can you take a loop to the edge and see if anything else is revealed? My dad has an extremely powerful digital microscope that he uses in coin inspections. If all else fails you can send it to me and i can give it a whirl on that beastie.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by censlenov

I hate to say it but with so little to go off of it will be next to impossible. Can you take a loop to the edge and see if anything else is revealed? My dad has an extremely powerful digital microscope that he uses in coin inspections. If all else fails you can send it to me and i can give it a whirl on that beastie.

Cheers

Chris

yeah id be up that!il see if maybe just maybe if i cant get get any anything if not il send it you!!!!(be intresting to see if anything can be found!!!)

thanks!! :beer:

Edited by paddywhack

When medals are mounted as a brooch or, as a neck pendant, it is a tragedy for the collector. However, the chances are that either he gave it to his wife as a gift - being his most important possession or, he was KIA and she had it mounted. I don't think it could ever be restored fully, so, keep it for what it is - a tribute to a brave man. Whilst it has some polishing it is crisp - but, look under the pin mount and there is a lot of wear. This is where it has rubbed - over the years - on her dress.

I hope someone can help with his identity - do let us know ?

• 2 weeks later...

Try blacklight, might work.

yeah i was thinking about trying that first before i send it chris!!! :rolleyes::beer:

i spent about 20 minutes on sunday wrecking my eyes(think there only back to normal now!!) and im pretty sure theres a 5 in there to so it would be 29-59 so far!!!

Edited by paddywhack