News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Don't know if this is right place, but need Help

As I said I do not know if this is the proper location to seek help in identifying an Austrian Oberlieutenant wearing a Bravarian Order of Military Merit probably 4th Class without crown? See scan. I have been told he is an Artillery Officer. He has a Badge on his right side that looks like a 1916 General Flying Badge. If anyone has a roll for the Bavarian Order of Military Merit 4th with swords can they check for an Austrian Oberlieutenant, please. I would very much like to ID This Officer. I do not know if the Austrians and Germans were like the United States. The Americans usually used Artillery Officers as Observers in WW1. That would explain the Ballon Pilot/Observer/Crew Badge of 1916, with white enamel wreath and his being an Artillery Officer. Thanks, Frustrated in Eureka.

He is wearing on Bar: Sigmum Laudis Gilt; Sigmum Laudis Silver; Karl Troop Cross (1916); Austrian Single Wound Medal.

In Button hole: Austrian Merit Cross with Crown; Bavarian Order of Military Merit 4th Class with Swords.

Right side of Tunic: What looks like a 1916 General Flying Badge.

Edited by army historian