News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Netherlands cap badge

It is the badge that belongs to the "Regiment Huzaren Prins Alexander"

http://en.wikipedia....Prins_Alexander

Or are the sides not red but orange? If they are orange, it is a badge from the "Regiment Huzaren Prins van Oranje"

http://en.wikipedia....rins_van_Oranje

Thank you, Henk. This forum continues to amaze me - there's always an answer here.

The piping on the sides of mine is red; therefore Prins Alexander. How did the two regiments come to adopt the same badge with this minor differentiation?

Thanks again,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

"How did the two regiments come to adopt the same badge with this minor differentiation?"

You can find four regiments with this beret emblem:

Huzaren Prins Alexander

Huzaren van Boreel

Huzaren van Prins van Oranje

Huzaren van Sytzama

They are all hussar regiments (there are only 4), and I think, that they all have shared historical roots, with different coloured uniforms (red, green, orange and white or grey?).

Uwe

Hi Hugh,

"How did the two regiments come to adopt the same badge with this minor differentiation?"

You can find four regiments with this beret emblem:

Huzaren Prins Alexander

Huzaren van Boreel

Huzaren van Prins van Oranje

Huzaren van Sytzama

They are all hussar regiments (there are only 4), and I think, that they all have shared historical roots, with different coloured uniforms (red, green, orange and white or grey?).

Uwe

Thanks, Uwe. Sounds a bit like the 1st Battalion / 2nd battalion tradition of some of the British regiments. As amalgamation took place, independent regiments were squeezed into a single formation.

Hugh

Hello Hugh!

Huzaren Prins Alexander - red trimming left-right

Huzaren van Boreel - dark blue trimming, recce units with swallow tail cut and the trimming top-bottom

Huzaren van Prins van Oranje - orange trimming left-right

Huzaren van Sytzama - white trimming left-right

All have the same beret badge / collar badge, but different regimental trimming (collar badges are trimmed all around).

/Jonas