News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TWO INTERESTING WARLORD MEDALS APPEAR ON eBAY

Richard LaTondre

Two interesting Warlord medals appeared this week on eBay.

The first is the Yuan Shih-kai Merit Medal, Second Class, with its unique hand carved wooden case. This was given during the BeiYang period and issued by the Office of the Warlord in Shan-Xi province (1911-1927). The winning bid was $860.00. There were 17 bids (Including a couple of mine).

The second medal was also a BeiYang (Northern Area) medal and was issued by Zhao Hengti while He was the Henan (Hunan) Military Governor. This is the first time that I have ever seen this medal. It is not in the Mohler collection at Stanford and in my opinion, quite rare. There were 16 bids (including mine) and the winning bid was $785.00.

Two interesting Warlord medals appeared this week on eBay.

The first is the Yuan Shih-kai Merit Medal, Second Class, with its unique hand carved wooden case. This was given during the BeiYang period and issued by the Office of the Warlord in Shan-Xi province (1911-1927). The winning bid was $860.00. There were 17 bids (Including a couple of mine).

The second medal was also a BeiYang (Northern Area) medal and was issued by Zhao Hengti while He was the Henan (Hunan) Military Governor. This is the first time that I have ever seen this medal. It is not in the Mohler collection at Stanford and in my opinion, quite rare. There were 16 bids (including mine) and the winning bid was $785.00.

Actually the same seller had several other warlord medals for sale on ebay several weeks ago. Do a search on his past auctions and they may be there or you can find it through his feedback.

He had the Gold colored medal and Silver Colored medal (as from literal translation on the boxes).

Alright, here are the other auctions listed a while back...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160458324785

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160458322885

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160461649983

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160458325015

Nice collection he is selling... I wonder if they are his personnal or from a museum (must be the economy...).

Actually the same seller had several other warlord medals for sale on ebay several weeks ago. Do a search on his past auctions and they may be there or you can find it through his feedback.

He had the Gold colored medal and Silver Colored medal (as from literal translation on the boxes).

This is the Silver Medal . . .

That is why the oither box you said was the silver medal and sold earlier on eBay was not!

I can read the box also.

wait.......................................... before you misunderstand.

Where did I say that I identified the medals as which?

Let me see... my quote "He had the Gold colored medal and Silver Colored medal (as from literal translation on the boxes)." I was refering to both medals. Never did I say that I identified which medal to which in the picture you posted and the links I later provided (of course if you are going to make a big deal out of this, I wouldn't have, and your welcome).

but whatever as how you understood it.sleep.gif

wait.......................................... before you misunderstand.

Where did I say that I identified the medals as which?

Let me see... my quote "He had the Gold colored medal and Silver Colored medal (as from literal translation on the boxes)." I was refering to both medals. Never did I say that I identified which medal to which in the picture you posted and the links I later provided (of course if you are going to make a big deal out of this, I wouldn't have, and your welcome).

but whatever as how you understood it.sleep.gif

hc8604, on 27 August 2010 - 15:24 , said:

lol, you are killing me here.

Seriously, I explained my post and you still want to argue (plus I don't get your argument, it is very vague; my quote was above, why repost)???

I can do the same thing!!

cheers.gif

Let me re-word the whole thing, before it gets messy.

***The seller sold several other "warlord" period medals sometime ago. If you want to do an optional search for his past auctions you can see them. cat.gif

He had the silver, which he just sold, and gold colored medal, which he sold awhile back (according to the boxes, it is the literal translation). I think it is cool that he owned (I assume) both rarely seen medals. I wonder if he owns the other two lower classes that he mentioned on this particular series.cool.gif***

I didn't mean to state which medal is which. I just wanted to point out that he had the gold and silver in his possession.

Thanks for showing this Richard, did you win the one or both auctions?

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately no. I bid $666.00 for the 2nd Class (silver) Merit medal and the high bid was $860.00.

I bid 666.00 on the Zhao-Hengti Hunan (Henan) Military Governor medal and the high bid was $785.00 I couldn't afford to go any higher but know I feel that maybe I should have taken out a loan. They were truly beautiful medals.

Richard