News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I have this bit of info regarding this generals WWII career. Does anyone have any info on his WWI or earlier career?

Reinhardt

Georg-Hans, Colonel-General

(1887-1963)

1934 - 1937Chief Army Training Section

1937 - 1938Commanding Officer 1st Sch?tzen Brigade

1938 - 1940General Officer Commanding 4th Panzer Division, Poland

1940 - 1941General Officer Commanding XXXXI Panzer Corps, France-Yugoslavia-Eastern Front

1941 - 1942General Officer Commanding 3rd Panzer Group, Eastern Front

1942 - 1944General Officer Commanding 3rd Panzer Army, Eastern Front

1944 - 1945Commander in Chief Army Group Center, Eastern Front

1945 Retired

1945 - 1948Prisoner of War

1948 Condemned to 15 years imprisonment as war criminal

1952 Released

Any additional information is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi,

Others might be able to add further details but here is something to start with

Reinhardt joined the Army as Fahnenjunker in 8. S?chsischen I.R. "Prinz Johann-Georg" Nr. 107 on 25th March 1907 and received his commission to Leutnant on 14th August 1908 (Patent 14th Feb. 1907). By August 1914 Reinhardt was a Oberleutnant and Regimental Adjutant. He fought in France, where he following the battle of the Loretto heights in spring 1915 was awarded the Ritterkreuz des Milit?r-St.-Heinrichs-Ordens. Later he was transferred to the Eastern Front. Following his promotion to Hauptman on 18th April 1916 he served with staff of German rear section (Etappenkommand) of the Austro-Hungarian 7th Army, 23rd Reserve Division and 8th Cavalry Division. From Fall 1917 and until the end of the war he served as Ia of the 192nd Infantry Division. Sometime during the war he was also awarded the Ritterkreuz des K?niglichen Hausordens von Hohenzollern mit Schwerten.

The above is from Gerd F. Heuser's Die Generalobersten des Heeres : Inhaber h?chster deutscher Kommandostellen 1933-1945.

However for further reading might I suggest:

Generaloberst Hans-Georg Reinhardt : (1887 - 1963) by Christoph Clasen.

Erschienen: Stuttgart : Zeitungsverl. RM, 1996

Umfang: III, 723 S.

Hochschulschrift: Zugl.: Freiburg i. Br., Univ., Diss., 1996

ISBN: 3-928666-99-1

Kind Regards

Steen Ammentorp

The Generals of World War II