News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iran- Iraqi War officer's Collar tabs?

Lion101

Hello Everyone, I pick up these collar tabs from a Gulf War veteran ( 1991), he told me that these are from the Iran- Iraq War and they are officer's collar tabs? but I also heard that they are sub officers collar tabs. I was wondering if anyone happen to know what they really are? I am greatfull for any help that one could give.

http://img181.imageshack.us/i/iraqicollartabs.jpg/

Interesting. The stars and eagles are Iraqi officers ranks (1 star = 2nd Lt., 2 stars = 1st Lt., 3 stars = Capt., eagle = Major). But these are normally worn on shoulder straps not on collar badges.

Chris,

I respectfully disagree with you. they are Vice Officer tabs. A Vice Officer is not yet an officer but he assists officers and has not yet graduated from Military College and the Vice Officers have courses and the responsibility for paperwork and office work to the units to which he is assigned.

The first row with the tab with 1 star and 1 stripe is for a 6th Class Vice Officer

The bottom row Vice Officer with 2 stars and stripe is for a 4th Class Vice Officer and the Eagle is for a 1st Class Vice Officer.

There is a total of nine Vice Officer Classes.

Bob

Very interesting! Thanks for your correction, Bob!

I had a little extra time so will post the nine classes of Vice Officers,

8th Class- flat (this is the lowest class)

7th Class- one star

6th Class- one star plus stripe

5thClass- two stars

4th Class- two stars plus stripe

3rd Class- three stars

2nd Class- three stars plus stripe

1st Class- Eagle

Excellent Class- Eagle plus stripe (highest class)

Green color was (is) used by the Army, blue for Air Force (it has a wing instead of stripe), black for police and deep blue for the Traffic Police. The rank is the same for all branches.

Bob

post-3626-014161100 1288014599_thumb.jpg <BR><BR>post-3626-034013300 1288014677_thumb.jpg <BR><BR>I picked these up from an ebay dealer has anyone seen these before? <BR><BR>Blue Tab<BR>Bronze Academy Insignia I believe that these are an Iraqi AF Academy Insignia Technician;) Lorenzo Edited by IMHF

Here is an Iraqi Air Force Vice Officer 6th Class collar tab.

Bob

Very nice, do you have both sides of the set?

Thank you for sharing;)

Lorenzo