News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Oberstleutnant aD Theodor Wollaib

Dear forumites,

I own the ribbon bar of the above-mentioned officer. I found on the website of the State Archives of Baden-Württemberg in Stuttgart, that they have a file on this very officer:

Landesarchiv Baden-Württemberg

I know that it's really a long shot and a great favour to ask, but I would really appreciate anybody living in Stuttgart or near it, if he is already going to pay a visit to these archives, maybe there's a chance to make some photocopies of the relevant files (like Kriegsrangliste, even better pictures of this officer, etc.). I would gladly cover the costs (shipping, photocopies, time, ...).

I would be great to put a face to this a whole story and face to a such small but "great" ribbon bar... ;)

Thank you for your time!

Ciao,

Claudio

P.S.:

Research of Richard Lundstrom:

Oberstleutnant aD Wollaib of KW Feldartillerie 13 (ending the war in command of the regiment)

Career:

01.10.1890 Entered Württemberg Army as Fahnenjunker

11.12.1891 Leutnant

22.07.1900 Oberleutnant

11.09.1907 Hauptmann

27.01.1915 J5i Major

Charakterisiert Oberstleutnant aD

Awards:

? EK2 1914

12.07.1915 ÖM3K KW FAR 13

23.07.1915 HT, same rank and unit (there are the Wtbg Personal Nachrichten publication dates)

16.10.1915 WM3 replacing a WK3X awarded on 21.05.1915; Major, same rank and unit

20.02.1917 WK3XmL fort the second time (see above): same rank and unit

13.06.1918 HOH3X, same rank and unit

? WF3a

? W DA-XXV

post-199-085191300 1287763111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Claudio

Claudio, I have written to this archive and requested a record. The fee was not much. I had a friend pay by bank transfer and I received the record.

Paul

Hi Paul!

Thanks for your help! :cheers: I was on the archive's website, but I didn't see that it was possible to order a file by mail, just to schedule an appointment to have the file ready for consulation.

Let me know how much it will cost... I gladly pay for the inconvenience! :blush: (also paypal!). ;)

Ciao,

Claudio