News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I agree with Naxos the helmet would appear to be a British Wolseley. And it looks like the crown has been crushed badly.

There seems to be a bit of "repair" around the dome of the spike. How many ventilation holes does that dome base have?

Looks like a bit of a "marriage" helmet.

Stuart

Kev,

the helmet and other items have what appears to be auction labels attached. Are you selling? As you indicated with the others posted, headgear was not your thing?

Stuart

BTW: who are the auctioneers?

Are! I see it is Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers

Edited by Stuart Bates

Kev,

the helmet and other items have what appears to be auction labels attached. Are you selling? As you indicated with the others posted, headgear was not your thing?

Stuart

BTW: who are the auctioneers?

Are! I see it is Sworders Fine Art Auctioneers

hi stuart i will be selling but i wont get it till new year,i bought on a whim cos it looked different,im still hoping it could be some kind of rare helmet !! all the best kev

Sorry Kev, but the only thing that makes it rare is the German plate on a British helmet. The plate may be worth something, that is not my area, but the helmet no. It looks like someone has applied some sort of sealant around the dome base to secure it.

BTW: how did the auctioneers describe it?

Regards,

Stuart

www.militarysunhelmets.com

... The plate may be worth something, ...

Regards, Stuart

www.militarysunhelmets.com

... if it is original (which can not be confirmed on account of the poor picture)

Stuart knows what he is talking about - have the Bavarian helmet plate authenticated - if real it might be worth $150.

Edited by Naxos

• 1 month later...

If this plate is genuine, it's missing the scroll underneath. However, I'm sure I've seen some discussion of these 'Bavarian' plates on pickelhaubes.com. They come from biscuit tins or something like that!

Patrick