News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EARLY KM EAGLE DONALD DUCK CAP?

hi alls

i would thank any light on this "KM DONALD DUCK gilt small eagle cap"...:unsure:

it was a gift from a friend,if it is KM donald duck cap eagle where i see first time theses 2(one is lost) metallic and horizontal pieces type of attatchment....was posible for those km caps?

allways i,ve seen stickpin on those pieces back....:love:

i was said this is an early eagle version(1934-35) very rare used on KM sailor cap....:whistle:

143ba58e2fc035bc6d72850951a1aa3fo.jpg

06bc76c6e08bc84cfded1a2ba5a3fa91o.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SPAIN :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

What size is the eagle. The first type Matrosenmütze eagle is 38mm wing span. Here is one alongside a normal cap eagle for the visor cap. If the wing span is bigger than 38mm, I would say it is for the early KM visor cap.

my eagle wing span is aprox 50mm.do you consider this length is for a km visor and not for a sailor donald duck cap?:unsure:

fernando

Yes, I'm sure that yours is for the Visor Cap. On any photos you find of the early Matrosenmütze you can see that this first type eagle is very small.

i can understand that early eagle version was the same used by heer visor cap but this one for heer caps in silver,isn,t it?

warmest regards :cheers:

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

You should also note that the standard size of the Cockade worn below the eagle was 22-25mm, so on the normal later one piece Eagle/cockade for the Matrosenmtüze, the eagle (at around 50mm) is around 2 x the size of the cockade. You can see this size comparison clearly on any good clear photo. However if you look at any original period photos of the first type eagle worn on the Matrosenmütze it is very clear that the eagle is not twice the size of the cockade, but smaller, around 1.5 x the size of the cockade.(i.e. 38mm). Your 50mm eagle is not for the Matrosenmütze but for the Visor cap.

You should also note that the standard size of the Cockade worn below the eagle was 22-25mm, so on the normal later one piece Eagle/cockade for the Matrosenmtüze, the eagle (at around 50mm) is around 2 x the size of the cockade. You can see this size comparison clearly on any good clear photo. However if you look at any original period photos of the first type eagle worn on the Matrosenmütze it is very clear that the eagle is not twice the size of the cockade, but smaller, around 1.5 x the size of the cockade.(i.e. 38mm). Your 50mm eagle is not for the Matrosenmütze but for the Visor cap.

it would be possible you post pics to see your example to see it?

thanks in advance :cheers:

fernando

• 4 months later...