News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Other rifles in my collection

muckaroon1960

As I've posted my picture of the SMLE, thought I would share with you my other 3 rifles.

Top: Soviet 1939 Mosin Nagant with matching numbered bayonet. This rifle has been refurbished in the Ukraine but the stock looks original and all the numbers match.

Middle: 1938 Japanese Arisaka. Lovely condition all complete. Just need to find a bayonet and original sling.

Bottom: German KAR 98, 1944 DOT. Refurbed and wood is from another 98. A battlefield pick up no doubt? The purists among us would prefer matching serial numbers but there is something to be said for any weapon that has more than likely seen active service in some part(s).

post-6765-049960000 1293887326_thumb.jpg

Nice collection and thanks for sharing them with us and a belated happy birthday to your Enfield as well.

When I read your post I could help but think that it is interesting that those who like all matching serial numbers and those who would rather have a weapon that "saw" action both see thenselves as purists.

Happy new year and good collecting for 2011.

Regards

Brian

Mervyn, glad you like the collection. The MN and the KAR were both refurbed in the Ukraine and when I acquired them were covered in a red brown varnish which I removed using the blunt edge of a dinner knife. Nice and easy does it. Give them a bit of a rub down and restore to former glory.

I love em and thanks to you all for your comments, appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Middle: 1938 Japanese Arisaka. Lovely condition all complete. Just need to find a bayonet and original sling.

Don't forget a cleaning rod! Sling a bit harder to find, bayonet no problem, plenty of those out there! :lol: