News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Diplome

ilja559

Hi,

I think a non govt. medal particular to the federation.

Best

Chris

Chris is right.

This is a certificate for faithful and long services to one of the private companies affiliated with the glass-manufacturing industry.

It may, or not, go with a medal (silver in this case). Such medals were commissioned by the industry and struck privately or sometimes by the Paris Mint by special request. They have, of course, no official standing and were supposed to only be worn within the limits of the firm.

I cannot remember seeing one of these glass-industry medals.

Regards

Veteran

And this to the same person.

Hi

These two papers are are typical of private initiative "awards". In fact, it should be considered as "an encouragement" and not as an award. This is clearly written at the top of the first of the two diplomas.

Although the title-line refers to "REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE" the first paper has no official standing what so ever.

In other words, this diploma is a friendly "pat in the back". Just being nice. Nothing more.

The second diploma was given on the occasion of a professonnal exhibition. If a medal went with it, it would have been a non-wearable type.

Regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran