News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Canada on the Canal du Nord...

Chris, I am scouring my notes on Canal du Nord (I have researched a captain of the Grenadier Guards who was KIA in this battle - I have his Victory Medal) and so far, I've found a reference to the German 1st Guards Res Div, 2nd Guards Res Div, and 3rd Res Div in the area. Unfortunately, I didn't put in my notes the source reference, but I think it was from a history of the Canadians from their official archives. Let me dig some more this evening (have some tasks to complete for the wife and am only checking this while have a bit of lunch).

• 1 year later...

Thats absolutely fantastic Pierre!

That gives great information.

What I still can not figure out, confronting the allied divisions on the 27th September were the 1st garde Reserve Div and 3rd Marine Div.

Which one exactly was facing the canadians? From the map it is not so clear :-(

Since I am a grandfather and since it is now X-mas, Chris, I ask for your patience. In a couple of days I will look for my account of Gen. von Moser of the Armeegruppe Arras. I can send you the Canadian trench map, a large bitmap file, if printed, it has the size of a conference table. Please, send me privately your e-mail adress, which makes me able to upload it later for you in a dropbox. I will also consult my 2010/2011 notes on this subject. I have bad memory for numbers of units, alas. So please, have some patience with me.