News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pro Dania Medal

Dear All,

I am wondering if there is a Pro Dania medal roll, I know British recipients have been published.

I have one which belongs to a friend of mine which is attributed to Bjorn Prytz, founder of Volvo and Swedish ambassador to the Court of St. James. Would he have received one.

Paul

Hi Paul,

For other readers I'll just note that you're referring to the danish Pro Dania medal :)

No, unfortunately no rolls.

The only lead I have is the mention in Lars Stevnsborg's book "Danmarks Riges medaljer og hæderstegn 1670-1990" that it was awarded to people supporting the danish cause during the occupation.

This means that the majority of recipients were foreigners - of the 2565 awarded, about 1343 went to Sweden, 597 to USA, 395 to UK, 24 to Norway and 23 to Iceland. The rest to various other countries.

Bjørn Prytz seems to be a possible candidate...

/Michael

Hi Paul,

For other readers I'll just note that you're referring to the danish Pro Dania medal :)

No, unfortunately no rolls.

The only lead I have is the mention in Lars Stevnsborg's book "Danmarks Riges medaljer og hæderstegn 1670-1990" that it was awarded to people supporting the danish cause during the occupation.

This means that the majority of recipients were foreigners - of the 2565 awarded, about 1343 went to Sweden, 597 to USA, 395 to UK, 24 to Norway and 23 to Iceland. The rest to various other countries.

Bjørn Prytz seems to be a possible candidate...

Michael,

Thank you very much.

Paul

/Michael