News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

On 03/10/2013 at 22:33, spolei said:

I'm not sure, but this officer could be Marquard Sleevogt, who was comander till 1910.

I don't think it can be Major Slevogt. He already had the BMV4b as a Major in 14. Infanterie-Regiment before his tenure as commander of 2. Jäger-Bataillon. I have spent the last two hours combing through the Bavarian Militär-Handbuch, Personal-Nachrichten and the the Ranglisten der activen Offiziere. I have found just one field officer who ONLY had the Jubilee medal and long service decoration whilst serving in that rank in a Jäger-Bataillon in 1908. The Bavarian Military Handbook was not published every year and he was not listed in 1907 and 1909 with a Jäger-Bataillon. But Major Rudolf Heller was the Major on the staff of 1. JB in 1908 having previously been an Hauptmann in 20. Infanterie-Regiment. In 1909 he is a Major in 17. Infanterie-Regiment still with just a Jubilee medal and long service decoration. This from the Ranglisten der activen Offiziere 1908.

Regards

Glenn

Heller.thumb.jpg.eedfd2091b448ef0924accb98d8e115b.jpg