News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My collections framed: Thai Awards

khorgor

Hi all. I finally fonished moving house and unpacked my medals.

Got some frames professionally made overseas for display.

The first pictures are my thai Order of the Crown Collection. I have a 8th class, 5th class, 2nd class and special class. Also in the frame is a vietnam thai dog tag, a vietnam volunteer badge, a border patrol badge and shoulder boards from a government offical (supposedly a thai lady who was presented the 2nd class seen in the frame)

The german collection is a simple german soldier who met a grim end in russia. Unfortunately, the medals are not his (bought seperately). This collection is a research project for me which I'll eventually finish andpost up....

Hope you guys enjoy.

Frame1.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    Frame2.jpg
    For those that are wondering, thats a bronze IAB. The german was a part of the mechanised infantry.

Khorgor - well done. The Thai Order is a particularly nice one and the bullion embroidery excellent - I suspect this may be an old award, the quality is so good. If I ever find my Order of the White Elephant - 5th class ( I was given it for blood donations!) you can have it - however, I am not sure where it is now.

Khorgor - well done. The Thai Order is a particularly nice one and the bullion embroidery excellent - I suspect this may be an old award, the quality is so good. If I ever find my Order of the White Elephant - 5th class ( I was given it for blood donations!) you can have it - however, I am not sure where it is now.

Hi Mervyn, thanks for your comments!! With the bullion - which award are you referring to? It would be great to know I have a older award. I need to take the time this weekend to read the date stamps and see which era they came from.

And wow - a white elephant for blood donations? You got to love the thai system for awarding medals :-D

may I ask how that all came about with how you got to donating blood to thailand and receiving the medal?

Just interesting to learn more on how the government and monarcy decide on who gets medals especially when it comes to foreigners.

and thankyou so much!!!! :-) I will have to start a elephant display next :-D

Absolutely stunning. I had not thought of having orders displayed like these, but must seriously re-consider.

Hanging out now for the Rising Sun display case!