News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Japanese maybe?

lambert

It's a Japan Red Cross commemorative, that is Prince Akihito Komatsu, a patron of the JRC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Komatsu_Akihito

I've seen these with the pin and in small wooden cases.

It was awarded to commemorate an Imperial visit on the occasion of the Red Cross's 25th anniversary in 1902

Hi Laurence

It is rare or common?

Thanks .

all the best

Lambert

Edited by lambert

Hi Laurence

It is rare or common?

Thanks .

all the best

Lambert

Hi Lambert

I honestly don't know. The info above came from "In the name of a Living God" One of the authors is Paul Murphy, who is a fellow GMIC member, hopefully he will see this and give you an answer.

Hi Laurence

It is rare or common?

Thanks .

all the best

Lambert

I think this is difficult to determine and somewhat depends on the definition and use of the word "rare" - I watch Red Cross items (auctions, but limited to Y!JA and eBay.....) pretty closely and you definitely do not see these coming up that often, especially in complete form with the mounting pin and case. For me the definition of RARE = Very few made. I do not know how many of these commemoratives were made, but probably not a whole bunch. But yes, these are rare in the sense that you do not see them for sale all that often. If you are trying to sell it, I would say something like, "not often seen", but I suppose you could call it rare, or perhaps scarce.

Yes maybe "Rare" is even pretentious, rolleyes.gif

the word "scarce" is even more appropriate.

I am very happy with the aid of fellow collectors, in helping me with the new collector.

all the best

Lambert