News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Identification needed of 3 minature medals from Irak

larsb001

Lars

Thank you for posting your new mini medals, I can tell you that the center mini medal is from Iraq.

-Iraqi Mini Medal for the Crushing of the Kurdish Rebellion of 1964.

The one on the left I think is from Turkey, the one on the right looks like it is from Syira

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lars

Can you please post images of the revers of the 2 end medals; I would like to get a better look at them.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo, thank you for the quick answer, at least I was right about 1 out of 3. I can post scans of the reverses mid next week (unfortunately not before), but if I remember correctly they are blank, or at least one are.

Regards, Lars

Edited by larsb001

The one on the right has a Royal Lion on it, the bird looks like that of Romanian or Syira I think..

Sorry I could not help on them

Thank you for posting

Lorenzo

The eagle at the ring of the left miniature is Mexican and the piece is probably a "Mexican-Moroccan Cultural Society" badge (or some title very similar). I've seen a Mexican-Ethiopian Cultural Society miniature with a similar design.

The right miniature also shows the eagle with a snake in its beak, so it may be a Mexican-Belgian society medal.

The eagle at the ring of the left miniature is Mexican and the piece is probably a "Mexican-Moroccan Cultural Society" badge (or some title very similar). I've seen a Mexican-Ethiopian Cultural Society miniature with a similar design.

The right miniature also shows the eagle with a snake in its beak, so it may be a Mexican-Belgian society medal.

JB

Thank you for the info, very helpful :cheers:

Lorenzo

JB

I was wondering if you could share with us the proper ribbons for the two end medals; even if you had a full size medal would be great.

thank you

Lorenzo

Hello Jeff.

Thanks for the comments, I would never have thought of the existence of such Societies, that they had Medals and that miniatures of those would exist.

Again I learned, thanks, Lars