News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Golden Grain - help!

Shadow

I recently aquired this Order of the Golden Grain but have found very little information about it. Can anyone offer any information?

Thank you.

My link

It looks suspect. The Order of the Golden Grain has three green leaves on the left and three green leaves on the right. The upermost leaves curve downward. Not upward. The back is normally gilded with the bureau hallmark. Could you tell us where you purchased your medal?

Richard

It looks suspect. The Order of the Golden Grain has three green leaves on the left and three green leaves on the right. The upermost leaves curve downward. Not upward. The back is normally gilded with the bureau hallmark. Could you tell us where you purchased your medal?

Richard

pictures of the Golden Grain are quite common and are available on the internet as well as the OMSA Medal Data Base.

http://www.omsa.org/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4964

Well, there are many designs of the grain plant.. but the only thing that is different is the border. I have seen aqua blue color. I think I have only seen one green version, but yours is not clear enamel though.

The reverse is highly polished which seems to be good so far. The middle layer is gilded which looks good too. Seems the markings on the reverse is lacking, although there could be variations.

at least the clip is not the paperclip type clip.

Edited by hc8604

Well, there are many designs of the grain plant.. but the only thing that is different is the border. I have seen aqua blue color. I think I have only seen one green version, but yours is not clear enamel though.

The reverse is highly polished which seems to be good so far. The middle layer is gilded which looks good too. Seems the markings on the reverse is lacking, although there could be variations.

at least the clip is not the paperclip type clip.

I am glad that you are happy with it as that is what is most important. May I ask you again, where did you find this medal.

Thank You for sharing your experience with all of us.

Best Regards,

Richard

I am glad that you are happy with it as that is what is most important. May I ask you again, where did you find this medal.

Thank You for sharing your experience with all of us.

Best Regards,

Richard

Richard,

This item as well as our Order of the Red Banner, 5th Award and our United Glory were purchased when a gentleman (think of Bernie Madoff on a slightly smaller scale) had his possesions (including his entire medal and award collection) confiscated and sold.

Thank you for your comments and input as we attempt to learn more about these aquisitions. It is truly appreciated.

Dave

Richard,

This item as well as our Order of the Red Banner, 5th Award and our United Glory were purchased when a gentleman (think of Bernie Madoff on a slightly smaller scale) had his possesions (including his entire medal and award collection) confiscated and sold.

Thank you for your comments and input as we attempt to learn more about these aquisitions. It is truly appreciated.

Dave

Thank you Dave for your kind remarks. Together we all learn by sharing each other's experiences that is the beauty of these forums. One thing that I have learned since I first became interested in medals is that if I had $500.00 to invest in medals and I was just starting, I would be better off spending $400.00 on good reference books and $100,00 on medals.

Welcome to the world of collecting.

Richard

Richard,

Dave

Great find. I think it is real as it doesn't look like the typical recent fakes on ebay. I think Richard above got my post above confused and thought it was yours...

So it did not come with any box? I believe it is the only way to tell if it 1st, 2nd, or 3rd class, as all three looks similar. I have a sash version and there was no ribbon, so I have no clue to whether it is 1st-3rd classes.

Hsin