News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish II Corp Collection

I taked this big lot with the grandsohn of one polish veteran. I made some topics here, in the last weeks, to try identify some itens. This is the result:

Member of the Polish II Corps: José Chmaj

He was married with Wanda Kzolowska, woman secretary of the General Bronislaw Rakowski, commander of the 2. Polish Warsow Armoured Division. After war he go to Argentina and after to Brazil.

- Insignias of the Polish 3. Carpathian Infantry Division (Pine tree/Tobruk)

- Insignias/medal of the Polish 5. Kresowa Infantry Division (Bison)

- Badge Polish 2. Warsow Armoured Division

- Insignias of the II Corps (Siren)

- Remember badge of the Iraq 1942 (The 3. Carpathian Infantry Division fight with British Troopers)

- Some Insignias of the Polish Army

- Polish Officer's collar tab- hard to see color, but appears dk. green backing which would be Artillery.... (could be prewar or Free Polish)

- Polish "Mounted/Cavalry/Lancer" style collar tabs- unable to find Green top & botton w/black center bar....Green is usually Artillery but probably type from Free Polish

- Polish Army Service Medal 1918-45

- Cross of Merit with Swords, 2nd Class (Silver)

- Cross of Valor 1920

- Mini Ordem of Polland (official)

- Ribbon bar "Monte Cassino"

- Ribbon bar British Awards

- Rummanien Insignia

What is a honest price in one lot as it?

Hello,

Nice little collection. I can help ID some of them if you'd like.

- At the very top middle you have a collar tab to the General Staff. Left of it is a loose eagle for the collar. Typical small sized cap eagle is to the right.

- Next row shows the typical issue badge to the 5 Kresowa Infantry Div. made by Lorioli Right of that is a sleeve insignia to the same division. Interesting to note that it is made of plastic that was liberated from an Italian factory. 2nd Warsaw Armoured Div. badge made by Lorioli. Miniature of the Indepnedant Carpathian Rifle Brigade and to the right of it you have the standard issue 3 Carpathian Rifles Div. badge and miniature, bit made by Lorioli. It appears as if someone has made a watch fob of it at some point in time.

- Typical ribbons start the next row. I am unfamiliar with the yellow shield badge as it IS NOT Polish. Cross of Merit w/Swords. Hard to tell the class from the photo but it appears silver. Cross of Valour and ribbon bar. Polish Army Medal with original "hook and eye" ribbon.Standard Polish 2nd Corps badge (should be serial #'d). Last item in the row is a pre-war Polish collar tab for the Artillery.

- At the very bottom you have a miniature of the Polonia Restituta 4th Class awarded to Officers. The pair of collar pennons are for the Headquarters of the 2nd Armoured Brigade. They are made by Picchiani & Barlacchi Firenze.

Hope that helped. Nice little lot indeed.

Cheers,

Greg

Edited by GregK

Greg's ID is excellent! Let me add a bit.

The eagle in the top row was worn by all generals and by those officers who had graduated the General Staff Academy or another military academy. The collar tab is artillery green. It is the type for the open collar, used in the Polish Armed Forces during WWII vs. the embroidered one in the 3rd row, used prior to the war.

The yellow shield in the third row looks Romanian (there is a Romanian eagle on it).

The Cross of Valour, although inscribed '1920' is the WWII type (white ribbon w. claret stripes).

The single ribbon bar in the last row is faded, but it is most probably from the silver Cross of Military Bishop, a semi-official award of the Field Bishop of the Armed Forces, awarded in two classes.

The cannon badge on the right seems to be the standard British artillery cap badge, probably obtained by the owner of this collection in return for something else.

I hope it helped too. Now you can say "thank you" to Greg and me.

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

• 11 years later...
    On 07/05/2011 at 20:10, Lukasz Gaszewski said:

Greg's ID is excellent! Let me add a bit.

The eagle in the top row was worn by all generals and by those officers who had graduated the General Staff Academy or another military academy. The collar tab is artillery green. It is the type for the open collar, used in the Polish Armed Forces during WWII vs. the embroidered one in the 3rd row, used prior to the war.

The yellow shield in the third row looks Romanian (there is a Romanian eagle on it).

The Cross of Valour, although inscribed '1920' is the WWII type (white ribbon w. claret stripes).

The single ribbon bar in the last row is faded, but it is most probably from the silver Cross of Military Bishop, a semi-official award of the Field Bishop of the Armed Forces, awarded in two classes.

The cannon badge on the right seems to be the standard British artillery cap badge, probably obtained by the owner of this collection in return for something else.

I hope it helped too. Now you can say "thank you" to Greg and me.