News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A couple of 'Korean' Commemoratives

Dieter3

I don't think I've posted this particular one before, advanced apologies if I have. Pretty nice medallion here, ribbon more soiled than I'd like, case a bit beat up - but since they are pretty tough to find complete, I'll take what I can get!

Strange but the annexation medal prices have really skyrocketed over here in Japan. Not sure why...

And I think the census case looks fine--especially since the cases rarely appear on the market. I cannot figure out why the cases have all but disappeared yet the medals are still available (although a bit scarce). Be happy with that case!

Funny you should mention that! I actually paid significantly less for this cased Annexation medal than the average non-cased one goes for over there! Same with the Census medal - when they do come up for sale, the prices in Japan seem to be really up there, again way more than I paid for this one. No idea why.

• 3 years later...

Two cased Korean Census :speechless1:

Yep! But third one's a charm..... ;)

Don't have a document for the census medal though, even more rare and more expensive as you know!

Here is my uncased Korean Census medal - eBay BIN - $35.00 - poor seller thought it was the Japanese Census medal - pays to know the kanji! Lucky find, and the timing was right. Not the best condition, but $35.00? Yeah, it was worth that!! :jumping: I think I've told this story before, maybe posted the pics. too, but here they are (maybe) again....

This is just a place holder until I find cased #3 though, then I'l part with this one, unless I can find an empty case!

Edited by Dieter3