News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Croix de la Valeur Militaire awarded to 6 US Green Berets

JPL

This is indeed quite a piece of news. The citations would be interesting to know, but Special Forces are usually secretive about them. I don't know how it works for National Guardsmen.

Some of those men wear an incredible number of award-ribbons....

Regards to all

Veteran

Sweet! Did you check all the pictures? In the 3rd one, the major seems to be wearing the Russian para badge!! Unless it's from an ex SSR...?

They appear to be Uzbek wings. Also, not a major, but Brig. Gen. Steven Duff, deputy commander, U.S. Army Special Forces Command (Airborne).

Edited by Dave Danner

Yes, some of these Special Forces soldiers are wearing a lot of ribbons on their uniforms. Mind you, both the Iraq and Afghanistan theatres have both made use of special forces type units due to the kind of fighting being experienced. Yes, would be interesting to see what the citations say. I had a quick look on the web and found this link which provides additional information:

http://shadowspear.com/vb/threads/national-guard-special-forces-soldiers-receive-french-croix-de-la-valeur-militaire.11051/

Jean-Paul

Wonderful coverage of the event. Thank you JL.

It reminds me of the time we fought alongside US troups (3rd Infantry Div.) when we were lent to the 7th Army Group as armoured support to them during the Colmar gap battle (Jan/Feb 1945).

Good soldiers can always tell other good soldiers.

I am glad these men received proper recognition and that they were allowed to accept the French awards,

Best regards

Veteran