Good addresses in the Middle East to buy medals

Bob

I am travelling to Jordan in 1.5 weeks - anybody with advice to hunt down orders/medals there?

By the way, in Syria (was there 3 years ago) I recall behind the old mosque in the main souq in Damascus there's orders/medals to be found including (overpriced) Soviet.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't buy anything, hardly any medals seen for sale. Only place I found was on a square in front of the entrance to the amphitheatre in Amman. Some men selling coins, paper money, etc. One of them had connections with collectors in Oman who had many soviet medals but couldn't arrange a meeting before my flight.

Would recommend the Martyr's Memorial (aka Military Museum) for some good Jordanian militaria incl. late King Husseins medals.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't buy anything, hardly any medals seen for sale. Only place I found was on a square in front of the entrance to the amphitheatre in Amman. Some men selling coins, paper money, etc. One of them had connections with collectors in Oman who had many soviet medals but couldn't arrange a meeting before my flight.

Would recommend the Martyr's Memorial (aka Military Museum) for some good Jordanian militaria incl. late King Husseins medals.

Look forward to seeing your next finds.

Thank you

Lorenzo