French Badge - Légion d'honneur?

Iver

Hello Iver

This is the lapel badge for a member of the "Societe d'entraide des membres de la Legion d'honneur". All members of the Legion of honor have a right and are encouraged to join.

The Society is a private organisation (with close links with the Chancery of the Order) the object of which is to give mutual support to all members, especially to those who might be in financial need. It also maintains three very nice residential hotels, one of them in Nice on the "Promenade des Anglais".called "la Villa des Officiers".

Each branch arranges local social events so that members of the order meet other members living in the same area.

In other words, this badge is related to the Legion of honor, but is not properly speaking an award.

Hope this helps.

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

..thanks for informations! Wanted to ask - is it a "now days" badge or something older? He also wants to sell it.. how much is it worth (i dont want to give him more then it is worth, but also not much less :D ) ?

Hello Iver

This badge is quite common, but I could not tell if the one you show is recent or not.

I don't have the slightest idea of its market value, but I rather doubt it would make 20 Euro on eBay ! But then, one never knows..

Hope this helpq

Veteran