News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello to all,

Yahoo! The photo arrived today. Thank you, Sascha, for selling this to me. I am very grateful. The piping on this guy's cap, tunic, and epaulettes looks pretty dark. I wish I knew what Waffenfarbe this is? It is also very difficult to make out the Regimental numbers on his epaulette. But what a great photo this is. I thought that this Leutnant might be a doctor, but there is no staff of Asclepius visible on his epaulette.

The inset at the lower left shows the stamp of the photo studio, from the back of the photograph.

Best regards,

Tom

:jumping:

Again, I think we can safely assume that this photo was taken just after receiving the Italian award?

Is it possible he was assigned to a unit in Rome and not just in the Eternal City for the award presentation? How many German units were stationed there during WWII?

• 7 months later...