News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the GMIC.

Thank you for the interseting link, the photo gallery was well worth looking through. I especially liked the photo in the upper right hand area of the photo gallery showing two bearded officers with one holding what looks like an emormous truncheon. Now that generates instant respect!

I hope to see a lot more of your posts on the forum.

Regards

Brian

Hi Mervyn,

Thank you for the welcome. The website is updated on a regular basis. I have many photographs that have not yet been published. Liverpool City Police has a very interesting past and was unique. Quite a few Chief Constables went on to be the Commisioner of the Metropolitan Police. The most recent being, Bernard Hogan-Howe.

Another example is the uniform. Liverpool City Police > Liverpool & Bootle Constabulary > Merseyside Police. All Officers, Inspector and above have silver braid on the peak. All other police forces have the traditional black.

During its early years the Fire Brigade was a Division of the Police force. The modern day Fire Service did not exist. Hence the term, 'Fire Bobbies'.