News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Feldwebelleutnant Fritz Lange

Hello,

I managed to buy two pairs of shoulder boards and two ID discs from one man (a real attic find probably as there is still bits of mold here and there).

Feldwebelleutnant Fritz Lange

Hoya an der Weser, Kreis Bremen

Feldartillerie-Regiment 62

later Leichte Munitions-Kolonne 878, Nr. 3a

The first pic shows the Feldwebelleutnant's shoulder boards (similar as Leutnant's shoulder boards) from FAR 62 with the field artillery red backing.

FAR 62 belonged to the 19. Infanterie-Division from the outbreak of the war until late 1916, when it was transferred to the XII. Reservekorps. From late February 1917 on, it was then attached to the 238. Infanterie-Division as divisional field artillery regiment.

Lange's shoulder boards from Leichte Munitionskolonne 878. They have a fieldgray backing.

Leichte Munitionskolonne 878 was created on 5 February 1917 by the Heeresgruppe Eichhorn (Ukraine), from the former Leichte Munitionskolonne der III. Abteilung/Feldartilerie-Regiment 1. The unit was attached to the 8. Armee until April 1918, when it was put under command of II/Feldartillerie-Regiment 38 (also in Ukraine).

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Aren't Leutnant and boards exactyl the same? If not please explain the different so I may learn something. I understand you KNOW these are for feldwebelleutnant as you have the man's dog tabs...

Very nice, especilly the later war pattern ones.

Fritz Lange

Hoya an der Weser, Kreis Bremen

Feldartillerie-Regiment 62

later Leichte Munitions-Kolonne 878, Nr. 3a

The first pic shows the Feldwebelleutnant's shoulder boards (similar as Leutnant's shoulder boards) from FAR 62 with the field artillery red backing.