News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

INFO ABOUT CURRENT ITALIAN ADMIRAL VISOR

hi

i would like to know rank and if the rest of the cap is ok,somebody told me is a current italian navy admiral visor cap but wich rank for admiral exactly,too i listened about the cap than is for ammiraglio di squadra but the circle below the tower must be in red for this rank and not in blue as mine.....really,i dont know what rank is for and if the cap is correct....

cap is made in italia by DIADEMA

any help is appreciated.... :anmatcat:

romaoctubre2011129.jpgromaoctubre2011132.jpg[/romaoctubre2011132.jpg

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

Hello,

I confirm that your cap is for an "Ammiraglio di Squadra" (the highest rank in the Italian Navy). Its huge twisted gold cord, is a sign of being of the latest type (older caps had a much more thin one).

The colour in the oval enclosing the anchor depends on the corps (red for Naval Engineers; ash-grey for Harbour and Coastal Guards, Savoy blue for Sanitary Services and so on). If you mean the horizontal, oval portion immediately below the mural crown, from what I know it should always be in a deep blue colour. If you have seen such detail in red (for admirals) could be a semi-official sign of an officer in command of a unit (like, in this case, a navy Squadra, equivalent of an Army Corps).

Best wishes,

E.L.

Hello,

I confirm that your cap is for an "Ammiraglio di Squadra" (the highest rank in the Italian Navy). Its huge twisted gold cord, is a sign of being of the latest type (older caps had a much more thin one).

The colour in the oval enclosing the anchor depends on the corps (red for Naval Engineers; ash-grey for Harbour and Coastal Guards, Savoy blue for Sanitary Services and so on). If you mean the horizontal, oval portion immediately below the mural crown, from what I know it should always be in a deep blue colour. If you have seen such detail in red (for admirals) could be a semi-official sign of an officer in command of a unit (like, in this case, a navy Squadra, equivalent of an Army Corps).

Best wishes,

E.L.

hi elmar

the only thing i knew about the cap(said in another italian forum) and im not sure about and i would like you or another member confirm to me is:

1)ammiraglio di squadra always would have the oval portion in red down the mural crown and 3 lines on gold cord as this pic i attatch to you below

varieletizia8801.jpg

2)for ammiraglio di division would be the same colour blue around the anchor and on the oval portion below the mural crown

the gold cord would take 2 lines on gold pieces each side as i attatch in this pic below

ammiraglioveri.jpg

but the problem is when i posted the picture(from an admiral wearing the cap as mine) below in an italian navy forum and member told me than the admiral was wrong wearing this cap because for sure he had just take the rank of ammiraglio di squadra and then he didn,t change the oval in red for this rank,what do you think of all these things?

181361623.jpg