News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Give us a clue... does he need this get up for his job, or is he just posing "cool"?

The answer is: He sometimes had to use grenade bags for his job, but mostly he didn't.

Another hint: Look carefully at the shoulder straps.

Edited by Thomas W

Man, if you can make anything out on those shoulder straps, you have a pretty good imagination! ;) Of course, if you have the answer, then perhaps there is something that becomes apparent, but without that knowledge, it looks like nothing. :)

Chip

Nope. That, my friend, is a crewman of A7V Tank 501 "Gretchen." He's training in Stosstrupp tactics at Beuville, under the tutelage of Sturmbataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr). It's the only photo I've ever seen of a tanker wearing grenade bags. His shoulder strap is light gray, with a red "K" on it. I won't post the rest of the photo, because it's in my book that Schiffer is about to publish, but the tanker sitting in front of this guy has an "S" for Stosstrupp on his upper left sleeve. I knew that tankers were trained as shock troops, but it's nice to finally have photographic evidence of it.

Edited by Thomas W