News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unknown order

enter

Hello fellow collectors, i have been collecting orders and decorations for a while, and today i found this.

I came across this forum, and i think that it is appropriate place to ask what is this.

I think that it is something from Egypt, but i didnt find anything similar on the google.

Thank you, and king regards, Mario.

PC030009.jpg

PC030014.jpg

Hello fellow collectors, i have been collecting orders and decorations for a while, and today i found this.

I came across this forum, and i think that it is appropriate place to ask what is this.

I think that it is something from Egypt, but i didnt find anything similar on the google.

Thank you, and king regards, Mario.

PC030009.jpg

PC030014.jpg

Mario,

It is the Libyan Order of the Republic, almost certainly Italian made.

Paul

Thank you very much Paul, i am not planing to sell it but i am really interested in its value because here is stated that it was awarded to heads of state:http://www.medals.org.uk/libya/libya-republic/libya-republic001.htm

Thank you once again, Mario.

I believe the Orders were made by the Italian firm Bomisa. I have seen the order in lists and have handled a couple myself. I suspect that a tranche came out of Bomisa for public sale (rather like many of the Sudanese and Ugandan decorations emerged from Spink. Now an awarded piece with a bestowal document would be a very rare beast.

All the best,

Paul

This is a very beautiful piece just one of the reasons why I love Arabic Orders.

I was wondering if it was possible for you to add a clear image of the reverse andif it had any markers marks on the badge?
    :love:

Lorenzo

It appears to be a two piece constructed badge attached together by rivets.

I am assuming that the hook on the mounting pin is a bur used to fit snug on the uniform or sash?

Thank you for posting the reverse

Lorenzo