News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new Albanian Collection

Hello,

I am new to this forum and have just recently collected a nice group of Albanian orders and awards. Thanks to the great research work of Eric Schena I have learned much about this interesting country's medals and I understand it is a fairly small market. I got these for a fairly reasonable price I believe and have more on the way I just thought I'd post the whole collection so far.

The most interesting I found was a documented group of three which I will post in the appropriate section. I wasn't aware that the three medals with certificates were awarded to the same person until I received them today so was surprised. Anyhow I am intrigued by Albanian awards and look forward to researching them more.

Jeff

The Order of Skanderbeg 2nd Class looks like a Type 2, Var. 3 - the pin back doesn't look the same as the 1st or 2nd Var's.

The Order of Labour 1st Class is a type 1, Var.3 by PRAWEMA

The Orders of the Red Star includes the 1 Class Order, and the 1st and 2nd Classes of the later type.

The Badge Commemorating the 15th Anniversary of the People's Army is made by Pobeda Factory in Moscow.

The Medal for Bravery was awarded for service in 1948 against the Greeks.

I just noticed on the obverse of the 1st Class Red Star, the bottom has R.P.S.S.H. which in Eric's book says unreported possibly not produced. I will take a better picture of it and post. The red on the stars looks to be enamel.

Good stuff! And good to see more people appreciate Albanian awards:)

Would be good if you could post scans of individual medals in the specific threads so we can keep expanding knowledge combined for those awards.

• 7 months later...

That's a nice collection! I'm getting back into the Albanian medals and orders, so here's a photo of my small collection so far, I have a few more on the way to me at the minute, but it's always nice to share!