News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Maximilian Gritzner on Persians Orders

JapanX

That is one strange (and long) post from another poster.

"General idea ... not exact equivalents" this phrase was in my last post, but the other poster is going into details about each order structure... For what?

"General idea" behind LOH was a creation of rewarding system for recognition of civilians and military men.

But of course this is one loose analogy LOH=LSO.

I don't know why Gritzner made this remark (especially since he knew about medals and different ribbons in case of LSO).

And I never said that "structure of the L&S being the same as the LOH." Where did this came from?!

I said that "... photographs of multicolored ribbons are out there" (i.e. two-colored ribbons) and the other poster response was "perhaps I am blessed with superior eyesight, but I am usually able to see that there are different colored stripes in black and white photographs ..." What is it for???

My one and only real question (actually not a question, remark) was why Amir Kabir have white ribbon edged yellow.

In what regulation we could find description of these color?

P.S. "Emotional histrionics"... Well at least it is not "repetitional reposting" ...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to locate (until now) copies of the original Persian firmans (or their French translations for that matter) :(

I will try Hermitage manuscripts collection... But I have strong doubts that they scanned them (if indeed they have them in collection).

Sorry mate,

Nick

Hermitage has a huge collection of different oriental manuscripts from different time periods.

A result of almost 200 years of acquisitions and donations.

So our precious firmans could be in this collection.

At least I hope they are ;)

James or Nick - Do you happen to have the link or image of 1836, 1856 or 1872 firmans?

To be quite frank, given the way some people behave on this forum, I am not inclined to share anything.

Those who wish to proceed with the request may contact me privately off-line.

Cheers,

James