News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian badges - please help with ID

These two badges came together, and I suppose the are both Hungarian. But I was successful to identify only the first one - Hungarian Military Sport Achievement badge. Bronze grade, I guess.

Reverse side.

Bot badges belonged to my step-grandfather, who was Slovak citizen of Hungarian nationality (born 1921). During ww2 the part of Slovakia, where he lived, became the part of Horthy Hungary so that he was enlisted to Hungarian army. He died long time ago (1992) and these items were found only now, so I can´t ask him. All I know is that he didn´t served on the front. Any additional info about badges will be appreciated.

These two badges came together, and I suppose the are both Hungarian. But I was successful to identify only the first one - Hungarian Military Sport Achievement badge. Bronze grade, I guess.

Yes it's a "Kis honvéd sportügyességi jelvény", the official grade designation was "small", not bronze. According to official list it was awarded for 223 Hungarian soldier.

Every soldier or gendarme was eligible for the "Kis honvéd sportügyességi jelvény", who:

- achieved 4 - 6 th place on army championship

- was team member in "Army Best Sub-Unit Championship", and his team finishing on 3 - 5 th place

- completed on a 2 year course of the RH "Toldi Miklós" Army Central Physical Education Institution

- completed a cavalry trainer course

I can look at your relative's name on the official list if you want.

Edited by Markgraf

Thanks again, Markgraf. I´ve found very similar info on Hungarian websites which I was able to enter after knowing correct hungarian name of the badge.

The only difference is that on one forum (www.roncskutatas.hu) members claimed that bronze (small) and silver (big) version of the badge is quite common. Very rare is only enamelled type (see photo).

The name of my relative was Blažej Lükő, hungarian version (as you surely know) Balázs Lükő, born 1921. Thanks in advance for any effort.

Edited by marrauder

Excuse me, I was wrong.

The list (from book Sallay Gergely: Seregszemle fémben zománcban/Insignia of the RH Defense Forces etc.) contains only 223 name, but the real number was significantly higher. Only this 223 decorated soldier appeared in contemporary Honvédségi Közlöny (Army Gazette).

On this list I couldnt' find Lükő Balázs, sorry.

The second one is surely not Hungarian military. Probably civilian clothing brooch or something like.

Note for the first badge: the green fabric on the backside indicates that the owner was infantryman.

Edited by Markgraf

• 2 years later...
    Hi for everyone!
    I find some Hungarian insignia.
    I think that the Hungarian.
    What are these insignia and what is value?
    Thanks!
    Best regards
    Bkorac
    IMG_20150107_00784_resize.jpg IMG_20150107_00785_resize.jpg
    IMG_20150107_00786_resize.jpg IMG_20150107_00787_resize.jpg
    IMG_20150107_00789_resize.jpg IMG_20150107_00790_resize.jpg
    Edited by bkorac

All interwar/WWII period (the MG troop badge was in the WWI also)

General Attack Badge, Paratrooper Badge

Auto Troop Badge, Air Force cap badge for enlisted

Riverine Forces cap badge, Machine Gun Troop Badge

I'm not expert, but I think nearly all of them are copies...maybe the MG Troop badge is original