News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Liebe Eltern und Geschwister

Sende Euch schönste Sonntags Grüsse aus Posen - das ist der Freiherr v. Richthofen der hat bis heute 56 feindliche Gegner abgeschossen.

Mit Gruss an Euch alle sendet

Fl. A. Klem...g

Dear parents and siblings!

I'm sending you the best Sunday greetings from Posen - that is the Baron von Richthofen he has up to now 56 enemy opponents shot-down.

Greetings to you all from

Flieger A Klem....g

Edited by Naxos

With thye better scan I was able to read it now but the man's handwriting is difficult to deceipher when it comes to his last name

Greetings to you all is sending

Fl. (stands for pilot) His first name is the initial "A" I can't make out the man's last name - it starts with Klem ... and ends with a "g"

Edited by Naxos

Liebe Eltern und Geschwister

Sende Euch schönste Sonntags Grüsse aus Posen - das ist der Freiherr v. Richthofen der hat bis heute 56 feindliche Gegner abgeschossen.

Mit Gruss an Euch alle sendet

Fl. A. Klem...g

Dear parents and siblings!

I'm sending you the best Sunday greetings from Posen - that is the Baron von Richthofen he has up to now 56 enemy opponents shot-down.

Greetings to you all from

Flieger A Klem....g

56 victories. That would date this writing to sometime after June 25th, 1917 (the date of number 56).

His 57th victory was July 2, 1917, however we can't immediately assume that this pilot would have been informed of #57, especially when it needed to be confirmed and taking into account the communication network.

So we might conclude that he wrote this note to his family in the last days of June 1917 to mid-July 1917.