News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Three War Coast Guard Grouping

Paul R

I won this awesome three war Coast Guard grouping for less than ten bucks. I bet that this guy saw a lot of escourt duty in the Atlantic. He was in before WW2, serviced throughout the war, and was on active duty during Korea and Viet Nam.

Hi Sir,

Basically the I am just theorizing. I do know that the bars have been together for a very long time due to matching patina and a slight hint of rust on the reverse of all parts, which include the prongs holding the stars.

I know that he was at least doing overseas duty prior to Pearl Harbor(September 8, 1939 and December 7, 1941), served through WW2. The National Defense Service Medal with star states that he was on active duty during the Korean War (June 27, 1950 to July 27, 1954) and at least to the VietNam War(January 1, 1961 to August 14, 1974).

I figured that since he had an African/European Campaign Medal that the most realistic possibility would be convoy duty, but as far as we all know, he could have participated in the Normandy landings.

The Based upon the awards alone, there are 21 years of service. There are five good conduct medals(always every three years for the Coast Guard, which accound for about 15 years, which leave five or more years minimum to serve as a CWO prior to retiring. Since the insignia have him as a CWO4, I would bet that this was a 30 year veteran.

I would have killed for a name... this all came from an estate sale.