News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two new french items: 1884 Kepi / Private purchase trench knife

ralstona

Just picked these up. The kepi is an 1884 model infantry kepi to the 162nd Regiment. I have been looking for one of these for awhile. A bit salty but overall in reasonable shape. The Trench knife is a private purchase version made from an old Gras bayonet blade. The grip is aluminum and stamped by the maker, "St. Etienne" "Armes et Cyles".

Veeeeery nice... I have a Kepi like that being held in front of my nose... but the EUR700 is more than I can go at the moment...

EUR700 is a bit steep. French ebay often has one for auction. That is how I got this one. I have always wanted one of these. In addition to looking nice, this would have been the first of many hats worn by my great-grandfather. His would have had a flaming bomb for the legion though. Volunteered in Oct. 1914, wounded at Ouverage Blanc near Arras in May 1915. Would have missed out on the Adrian. Not that it would have helped as he was wounded in the leg.