News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Information on 1940 Distinguished Flying Cross

Hello- My name is Vernon Shattuck. I am from the United States. My friend asked me if I could ask our British collector friends on the Forum if they could estimate the range of value of an authentic 1940 cased British DFC in mint condition ( Royal Mint). I do not collect British items so I do not know. I appreciate any comments. Thanks again for your time. Happy collecting.

Hello- My name is Vernon Shattuck. I am from the United States. My friend asked me if I could ask our British collector friends on the Forum if they could estimate the range of value of an authentic 1940 cased British DFC in mint condition ( Royal Mint). I do not collect British items so I do not know. I appreciate any comments. Thanks again for your time. Happy collecting.

$2,500....give or take $2,450 depending on certain annoying details, like the veracity of the piece.

without photos, nothing can be estimated.

Thank you Cludius for your reply.

I would agree with Claudius. A 1940 DFC is much sought, more so than any other year after as many of these were awarded for the Battle of Britain. The big but is whether it is genuine (many fakes lurk out there) and without clear photographs this is impossible to ascertain.

Paul

Vernon

Your friend, if interested in selling, would be well adviced to get expert advice. Some of the more reputable auction houses might venture an appraisal and, if the thing is authentic, would very likely be interested in selling it for him, for the reason Paul mentioned. Sadly, he was equally right in his comments on fraud. :( Good luck to him and you!

Peter