News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question about EK 2 Urkunde

I am just venturing into the magnificent world of Urkenden,so please bear with me if I ask dumb questions.

I have a named grouping on it's way,and I am trying to research the soldier's unit and actions it saw.

Ludwig Jackobs was born in Sternberg, Mecklenberg-Schwerin 1-July- 1875 and served in the Leib-Kompanie Großherzoglich Mecklenburgisches Grenadier - Regiment 89 from 16-Oct-1895- 16-Sept-1897 as a Grenadier with his conduct termed 'Sehr Gut'

MIL012-7.jpg

He was recalled during The Great War,and was awarded the EK 2 on 3-31-1917.

MIL012-2.jpg

When i research the" Infantarie Regiments Nr. 395 I draw a total blank, but when i researched the 17th Division I see the Mecklenburgisches Grenadier - Regiment 89 was part of the

34.Infanterie-Brigade

My question is this: am i reading the Regimental number incorrectly,or was he on TDY with Infantarie Regiments Nr. 395 when he was awarded the Ek 2( I notice his rank on the Urkunde is Landsturmann )

Here are his Identity Disks

MIL012-4.jpg

Any info is VERY much appreciated

Hi,

I would ignore the 89th, he was there waaaay before the war started.

The 395th was part of the 9th Reserve Division, when the award was made they were in the same sector as the 17th Division, I guess maybe the regiment was seconded to the 17th for a short while and the award was made at that time.

Nice little group with the tag!!

Hi,

I would ignore the 89th, he was there waaaay before the war started.

The 395th was part of the 9th Reserve Division, when the award was made they were in the same sector as the 17th Division, I guess maybe the regiment was seconded to the 17th for a short while and the award was made at that time.

Nice little group with the tag!!

Thanx Chris! the grouping also includes his EK2 and Front Fighters bar, Front Fighters Urkunde and his Militarpass . I'll post the complete grouping after it arrives