News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Korea Annexation Commemorative Medal and its Cavaliers

JapanX

Hi Nick,

indeed a nice medal with a historical significance.

I am now in Spain (visiting our grandchildren again) so have no access to my collection and literature, but I´m sure you know there are two strikes of this medal, of which one of them is seen less frequent. This one is thicker, the leaves are a bit different and the lettering on the backside is also different.

Dieter, I agree with Nick, please show your medal and document with us, I am curious to know which number it has.

Pieter

Please don't be shy and show them to us (even without famous fancy angles) ;)

Come now Nick, you should know by now all you will get from me are the "famous fancy angles".... :lol:

Here you go gents (I think I posted this somewhere else before, can't recall exactly!)

Hi Nick,

indeed a nice medal with a historical significance.

I am now in Spain (visiting our grandchildren again) so have no access to my collection and literature, but I´m sure you know there are two strikes of this medal, of which one of them is seen less frequent. This one is thicker, the leaves are a bit different and the lettering on the backside is also different.

Dieter, I agree with Nick, please show your medal and document with us, I am curious to know which number it has.

Pieter

Hi Pieter,

I have not yet photographed the document, but I did record the#, and it is 34,416. I didn't record the name of the recipient yet, but I did get two other documents to same individual, a 1914-20 War Medal document, and a Meiji 31 7th Class Sacred Treasure document. No doubt he had others. I will try to get a photograph soon!

Do you know Pieter without access to your literature, which strike this is - more or less common one?

Hi Dieter,

I think it is the common one, but when I´m back end of November I will make sure since I have both versions and can compare yours with them.Ii am surprised by the high number of your document, I didn´t know so much were issued. I also have a document, but as far as I recall the number is in the hundreds.

Pieter

Hi Pieter

It is possible I read the number incorrectly! I will try to get a photo this weekend for it. When you are back home, I'd love to see both versions of the medal if you can post pics. for a contrast!! And it has been a while since I've paid attention to document numbers (I really should for less common ones!) but I have recorded in my files document #34,499, so even a bit higher than mine.

I´m sure you know there are two strikes of this medal, of which one of them is seen less frequent. This one is thicker, the leaves are a bit different and the lettering on the backside is also different.

Everybody must be knowing that ... :)

"A minor coin variety is somewhat thicker and differs slightly in the form of the first character of "Meiji""

(see “Orders and Medals of Japan and Associated States”, 3rd edition, p. 55.)

Hope you are having a nice vocation!

Regards,

Nick

Come now Nick, you should know by now all you will get from me are the "famous fancy angles".... :lol:

Thanks for these angles!

But to tell you the truth I've always was a fan of usual boring 90 degrees closeups ;)