News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French FFL badge question

Garth Thompson

I haven't seriously collected FFL badges since the 90s, but as I recall, Kepi Blanc has sold restrikes of Legion badges for many years. Some may have come from original molds while others were from new-made dies that reproduced unit badges that were originally made locally (i.e. whatever god-forsaken location where the unit was stationed). Their earlier repros did not have an R on them and require a little experience to be able to detect. I think that the badges were sold to raise money for Legion vets but I cannot swear to that.

As I recall, the earliest and possibly first reference book on legion badges was a paperback book printed by Kepi Blanc. When I owned a copy of it, I believed that the photos in it were of original badges